Thursday, June 30, 2005

June's cd reviews


June’s Favorite Pick : Coldplay/ X & Y

My most anticipating cd of the year finally arrived. Let’s say, the first listen wasn’t that impressive,but it really grows on me well.I love almost every single song in this album.The more I hear it, the more I love it.It’s full of obsessive, bittersweet, tragic melodies sung by Chris Martin’s moody voice that will for sure get stuck in your head for a long time.Definitely worth buying.You won’t get a masterpiece this big throughout this year.

Rating: 4,5/5 stars

Must-hear songs: All of them.Yeah,I really mean that.


Black Eyed Peas/ Monkey Business


The Peas really got this monkey thing going on.This album should the best summer party album.Fully packed with phunky, bodyrocking beats, breezy, shiny tunes, lots of rude,silly,funny rappings.Fergie’s vocals proved to be the cool and important addition to the group.Beside partying songs,they’ve got a bit of meaningful ones like Where Is The Love too,this time it’s Union feat. Sting and there’s the country crossover Gone Going feat. Jack Johnson.This one must be a real feast for die hard hip hop fans.

Rating: 3.5/5 stars

Must-hear songs: Don’t Phunk With My Heart, My Humps, Pump It, Don’t Lie, Feel It, Union, My Style.


Shakira/ Fijacion Oral Vol. 1

Okay,this is the first Spanish album that I fully listened to.I enjoyed it,although I don’t understand what the hell she’s singing ! Shakira’s strange but beautiful voice shines through this album. It’s got lots of groovy pop rock Latin tunes, some make you want to shake your stuff,some make you sit back and nod your head.Nice comeback cd.

Rating: 3.5/5 stars

Must-hear songs: La Pared, En Tus Pupilas, La Tortura, Obtener Un Si, No, Las De La Intuicion.

blog comments powered by Disqus