Saturday, December 17, 2005

My Grammy 2006 Picks! Part One

Okay, the 48th Annual GRAMMY® Awards is coming soon (David LaChapelle did a great job on the official poster, by the way) and the nominees list arrived one week ago. So here ‘s what I decided to do to celebrate. I’m gonna guess who will win what in 2 ways: my own picks and what I think the academy will pick. This will come in many parts, like a countdown to Grammy 2006, so stay tuned, and if you want to say anything, just click the comment button. Here we go, first I start off with Pop and R&B categories. Just a note, I will just do the important ones.

Best Female Pop Vocal Performance
Will win: Good Is Good- Sheryl Crow
Should win (my pick): Since U Been Gone-Kelly Clarkson

Best Male Pop Vocal Performance
Will win: Fine Line-Paul McCartney
Should win: Sitting, Waiting, Wishing-Jack Johnson

Best Pop Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocal
Will win: More Than Love-Los Lonely Boys
Should win: it’s a tie, can’t decide between Don't Lie-The Black Eyed Peas and My Doorbell-The White Stripes

Best Pop Collaboration With Vocals
Will win: A Time To Love-Stevie Wonder Featuring India.Arie
Should win: Feel Good Inc.-Gorillaz Featuring De La Soul

Best Pop Vocal Album
Will win: Extraordinary Machine-Fiona Apple
Should win: Extraordinary Machine-Fiona Apple

Best Female R&B Vocal Performance
Will win: We Belong Together-Mariah Carey (somehow this seems so obvious)
Should win: 1 Thing-Amerie

Best Male R&B Vocal Performance
Will win: Ordinary People-John Legend
Should win: Ordinary People-John Legend

Best R&B Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocals
Will win: Cater 2 U-Destiny's Child
Should win: Cater 2 U-Destiny's Child

Best R&B Song
Will win: We Belong Together
Should win: Ordinary People

Best R&B Album
Will win: Unplugged-Alicia Keys
Should win: Unplugged-Alicia Keys

Best Contemporary R&B Album
Will win: The Emancipation Of Mimi-Mariah Carey
Should win: The Emancipation Of Mimi-Mariah Carey

That’s all for this part. I’m not really sure about my picks, though, maybe they’re just crap. You gotta wait to see if I’m right. For next part, I’m gonna go with Rock and Alternative categories. See you soon. Peace.

blog comments powered by Disqus