Sunday, January 08, 2006

Picks Of The Week #6

Lyrics Of The Week

I think it’s the lyrics that made this song an unexpectedly huge global hit last year. Admit it, we’ve all been there sometimes, falling for a stranger on the streets.


You’re Beautiful
James Blunt

My life is brilliant.
My love is pure.
I saw an angel.
Of that I'm sure.
She smiled at me on the subway.
She was with another man.
But I won't lose no sleep on that,
'Cause I've got a plan.

You're beautiful.
You're beautiful.
You're beautiful, it's true.
I saw you face in a crowded place,
And I don't know what to do,
'Cause I'll never be with you.

Yeah, she caught my eye,
As we walked on by.
She could see from my face that I was,
Flying high,
And I don't think that I'll see her again,
But we shared a moment that will last till the end.

You're beautiful.
You're beautiful.
You're beautiful, it's true.
I saw you face in a crowded place,
And I don't know what to do,
'Cause I'll never be with you.

You're beautiful.
You're beautiful.
You're beautiful, it's true.
There must be an angel with a smile on her face,
When she thought up that I should be with you.
But it's time to face the truth,
I will never be with you.


Download This!

Texas/ Can’t Resist

The song title just said it all. The sultry vocals and the sexy lyrics of the song combine together perfectly, making one irresistible tune that’s been stuck in my head for a week. Now this is what I called good pop.

Flashback

Gabrielle/ Sunshine

Originally released in 2000, this is one of those positive, uplifting songs that makes you feel good and appreciate life more, and there are the honey-coated vocals of Gabrielle. Yes, nothing can bring you down.

Music Video Of The Week

The White Stripes/ The Denial Twist

Another masterpiece from director Michel Gondry. The concept is actually very simple, but the special effects leave you questioning: ‘How did they do that?’. Conan O’ Brien also makes a guest appearance in the video. Watch it, and you know what I mean.

Contest Of The Week

Try your luck, and you can stand a chance to get your hands on one of three Warner Urban prize packs including CDs, t-shirts, stickers and posters from artists such as Missy Elliott, Sean Paul, Biggie and more. Only takes you a few minute. Deadline: Jan 31.
Click on the link for more infos on how to enter:

http://www.chartattack.com/contests/200512-warnerurbancontest.cfm


Coming up: Reviews of new cds from Girls Aloud, The Strokes, Mary J. Blige and more. So stick around.

blog comments powered by Disqus