Saturday, February 04, 2006

Picks Of The Week #10

You've been waiting for this, haven't you? Yes, you have. It's been ten weeks since I put out this weekly feature, and still more good choices to come directly at you. These are the must-hear, must-see, must-take of the week.

Lyrics Of The Week

This song's lyrics kinda captured and reflected my feelings once. Heartfelt words you can relate to.

Sitting, Waiting, Wishing
Jack Johnson

Now I was sitting, waiting, wishing
That you believed in superstitions
Then maybe you'd see the signs
But Lord knows that this world is cruel
And I ain't the Lord, no I'm just a fool
Learning to love somebody don't make them love you
Must I always be waiting, waiting on you?
Must I always be playing, playing your fool?

I sing your songs I dance a dance
I gave your friends all a chancePutting up with them wasn't worth never having you
And maybe you’ve been through this before
But it’s my first time
So please ignore
The next few lines cause they're directed at you

I can’t always be waiting, waiting on you
I can’t always be playing, playing your fool

I keep playing your part
But it’s not my scene
Won’t this plot not twist?
I've had enough mystery.
Keep building me up, then shooting me down
Well I’m already down
Just wait a minute
Just sitting, waiting
Just wait a minute
Just sitting, waiting

Well if I was in your position
I’d put down all my ammunition
I'd wondered why'd it taken me so long
But Lord knows that I'm not you
And If I was I wouldn't be so cruel
Cause waiting on love ain't so easy to do

Must I always be waiting, waiting on you?
Must I always be playing, playing your fool?
No I can’t always be waiting, waiting on you
I can’t always be playing, playing your fool, fool.



Download This!

KT Tunstall/ Under The Weather

KT’s debut album ‘Eye To The Telescope’ is coming to the US on Feb 7, and considering how big she is in the UK now, she’s very likely the next big thing after James Blunt. But first, check out her latest UK single to see what the buzz is all about. Just an emotional, light, catchy, soulful acoustic song for a Sunday morning.


Flashback

Fiona Apple/ Paper Bag


Included in her second album in 1999, ‘Paper Bag’ is a nice, jazzy, melancholy number to fill up your loneliness in a cold, rainy night.


Music Video Of The Week

The All-American Rejects/ Move Along

Great rock song, great video directed by Marc Webb, with the lead singer singing in costumes changed in like, every second. The effects seem simple but very effective, but it may harm your eyes a little after watching.


Contest Of The Week

In celebration of the 78th Academy Awards, try your shot at winning a ‘Munich’ soundtrack cd. Click on the link below.

http://www.shakefire.com/contests/munich.html

blog comments powered by Disqus