Saturday, February 25, 2006

Picks Of The Week #13

Lyrics Of The Week

Lately I’ve been listening to this song quite a lot. It’s just the lyrics I felt so related to. Simple, sincere but truly heartfelt and deeply bittersweet.

Strange And Beautiful (I’ll Put A Spell On You)
Aqualung


I've been watching your world from afar
I've been trying to be where you are
And I've been secretly falling apart
Unseen
To me, you're strange and you're beautiful
You'd be so perfect with me
But you just can't see
You turn every head but you don't see me

I'll put a spell on you
You'll fall asleepWhen I put a spell on you
And when I wake you I'll be the first thing you see
And you'll realize that you love me

Yeah
Ye-ah

Sometimes the last thing you want comes in first
Sometimes the first thing you want never comes
But I know that waiting is all you can do
Sometimes

I'll put a spell on youYou'll fall asleep
When I put a spell on you
And when I wake you I'll be the first thing you see
And you'll realize that you love me

I'll put a spell on you
You'll fall asleep
‘Cause I put a spell on you
And when I wake you I'll be the first thing you see
And you'll realize that you love me, yeah

Yeah
Ye-ah
Yeah
Ye-ah


Download This!

Jack Johnson/ Upside Down

The first single off the Curious George soundtrack, this song just gives us more acoustic goodness from Jack with feel-good guitar tunes and breezy vocals. This for sure will leave you curious for more.


Flashback

Muse/ Time Is Running Out

Haunting melodies, wailing vocals, melodramatic hooks, emotional lyrics. All that in one song. Let this one hell of a song fill your heart with darkness again.


Music Video Of The Week

Kanye West/ Touch The Sky

Kanye goes retro, becomes a flying man taking risks, with Pamela Anderson as his girlfriend. What more can you ask for? Go watch this!

Contest Of The Week

Enter for a chance to win this cool Goldfrapp cd, in case you'd like to have it free! They're a groovy electronica band, so take a litte time, answer the trivia and wait for your luck to call!

http://www.annecarlini.com/ex_giveaways.php?id=492


Coming Up: Since I’ve been so busy lately, I had to pull off my cd reviews feature, I still keep checking on the hottest records but I think I will start to write reviews for them as soon as this summer, so keep hanging around!

blog comments powered by Disqus