Thursday, March 09, 2006

American Idol Season 5 - Episode 17 & 18 Recaps

Tonight was the last night the girls performed separately from the boys.
Now since most of the less capable has gone, the night was quite enjoyable. Lisa Tucker looked amazing, love her new straight hairstyle, her performance was good, but not mind-blowingly good. Katharine McPhee 's got more props from me with this week's performance. Kellie Pickler is still adorable and cute but now I admit her vocal abilities aren't that great, which will slim down her chance of winning. I think it wasn't right for Simon to guess which one'll be going home publicly like that, because that's kinda manipulative, just let people decide for themselves.
However, I totally agree with him on that Kinnik Sky and Melissa McGhee obviously will be cut out of the competition on Friday night, they're just the least talented in this group of 8 now. By the way, did anyone notice Brandy in the audience?
So here are my ranks judging on the girls' performances this week:

1. Lisa Tucker
2. Paris Bennett
3. Mandisa
4. Katharine McPhee
5. Kellie Pickler
6. Ayla Brown

Move on to the guys' night. It was idolicious (yes, new vocabulary for ya)! Taylor Hicks was on fire.I'm so gonna practice those signature moves. I can already imagine an impersonation contest of him. Chris Daughtry 's comtempopary performance was also great! One word for Kevin Covais 's performance: Booooring! Sing it to your grandma, nerd. I also hate Ace Young 's performance, can't stand his falsetto. My choice of elimination would be Bucky Covington and Will Makar. The rest deserve to move right up to the top 12 and get their best shots.
Here are my ranks judging on the guys' performances this week:

1. Taylor Hicks
2. Chris Daughtry
3. Elliott Yamin
4. Gideon McKinney
5. Ace Young
6. Kevin Covais

Come back tomorrow to read my reactions about the elimination (you'll never know what's gonna happen, so VOTE!)

blog comments powered by Disqus