Sunday, April 23, 2006

Picks Of The Week #20

Lyrics Of The Week

Rainy days keep coming. A good excuse to bring out the sad songs and bite on them. Another one about rains coming your way, this time from one of my favorite bands, Travis.

Why Does It Always Rain On Me
Travis

I can't sleep tonight
Everybody saying everything's alright
Still I can't close my eyes
I'm seeing a tunnel at the end of all these lights

Sunny days
Where have you gone?
I get the strangest feeling you belong
Why does it always rain on me?
Is it because I lied when I was seventeen?
Why does it always rain on me?
Even when the sun is shining
I can't avoid the lightning

I can't stand myself
I'm being held up by an invisible man
Still life on a shelf when
I got my mind on something else

Sunny days
Where have you gone?
I get the strangest feeling you belong
Why does it always rain on me?
Is it because I lied when I was seventeen?
Why does it always rain on me?
Even when the sun is shining
I can't avoid the lightning

Oh, where did the blue skies go?
And why is it raining so?
It's so cold
I can't sleep tonight
Everybody's saying everything's all right
Still I can't close my eyes
I'm seeing a tunnel at the end of the lights

Sunny days
Where have you gone?
I get the strangest feeling you belong
Why does it always rain on me?
Is it because I lied when I was seventeen?
Even when the sun is shining
I can't avoid the lightning
Oh, where did the blue skies go?
And why is it raining so?
It's so cold
Why does it always rain on me?
Why does it always rain on....



Download This!

Rihanna/ SOS

This one's supposingly on everyone's iPod now, but just in case you're missing the good stuff, fill it in to kick off your summer. The samples taken from the 80s hit 'Tainted Love' alone is a superb idea, and then you've got the seductive Caribbean flavor from Rihanna. Result: one hell of a pop song to get stuck in your head, getting you to call out for help from this guilty pleasure. And you just can't help dancing to it. That's what I call 'back to the future'.


Flashback

Jem/ Flying High

Another song that used to be featured on The OC. This is Jem when she first got started on her EP, so instead of the usual electronic vibe, things cut down to as simple as it can be, leaving only Jem's sweet vocals and an acoustic guitar. Singing about an unreachable crush, Jem can actually make the song quite tearjerking to those who are in the same situation, especially when she raised her voice to the part 'Just wanna hold you so tight'. In this case, less is more. This song's a real gem.


Music Video Of The Week

The Pussycat Dolls feat. Snoop Dogg/ Buttons

I've always wanted to add a PCD video as a Music Video Of The Week just to turn on the readers. Directed by Francis Lawrence, the video's quite simple, featuring only the scantily-clad dolls in basic dancing sets, giving them a fully-stretched opportunity to strut their stuff. Throw in some sexy choreography, nasty lyrics, and some quick rhymes from Snoop Dogg, and there you have it, a music video you shouldn't watch when your parents are around. This is their hottest video ever, so guys, glue your eyes in.





Contest Of The Week

Win signed Pink's 'I'm Not Dead' cds. More details on the link.

http://www.shakefire.com/contests/pink.html

blog comments powered by Disqus