Sunday, April 30, 2006

Picks Of The Week #21

Lyrics Of The Week

Next week, I'm gonna need words of encouragement to help me get through the exams. So I ran through my playlist and found this song with lyrics perfectly tailored for this case. Uplifting and optimistic, the lyrics are emotive enough to make you feel like flying to wonderland, where soul meets body.

Soul Meets Body
Death Cab For Cutie

I want to live where soul meets body,
And let the sun wrap its arms around me,
And bathe my skin in water cool and cleansing,
And feel, feel what it's like to be new,
'Cause in my head there's a Greyhound station,
Where I send my thoughts to far-off destinations.
So they may have a chance of finding a place where,
They're far more suited than here.

I cannot guess what we'll discover,
When we turn the dirt with our palms cupped like shovels,
But I know our filthy hands can wash one another's,
And not one speck will remain.

And I do believe it's true that there are roads left in both of our shoes, But if the silence takes you then I hope it takes me too.
So brown eyes I hold you near, 'cause you're the only song I want to hear
A melody softly soaring through my atmosphere.

Where soul meets body.
Where soul meets body.
Where soul meets body.

And I do believe it's true that there are roads left in both of our shoes, But if the silence takes you then I hope it takes me too.
So brown eyes I hold you near, 'cause you're the only song I want to hear
A melody softly soaring through my atmosphere.
A melody softly soaring through my atmosphere.
A melody softly soaring through my atmosphere.



Download This!

Imogen Heap/ Goodnight And go (Immi's Radio Version)

Finally released as a single, but in a new coat. You can download the exclusive Immi's Radio Version on iTunes. The same soaring, beautiful electronic sounds, angelic vocals from Imogen, with a little change from the original album version here and there. To enjoy the song at its best, wait til the dusk, then sit on your sofa and simply let the melodies caress your ears.


Flashback

The Chemical Brothers/ Let Forever Be

How does it feel like to let forever be? I'll leave the answer to you, and find out by yourself how it feels like to listen to this song while walking on the streets in a sunny day. The loud beats will keep your feet moving fast. A great electronic jogging song! (and don't tell me you never watch the music video for it. That is a must-see)


Music Video Of The Week

Gnarls Barkley/ Crazy

Since we already made this song the most downloaded song in history, I think there's no need for introduction or rave about how infectiously groovy it is. The music video is actually quite fabulous, too. You've got this kind of artsy poster animation morphing into one another constantly on a white background. The effects really give a vintage feel that definitely suits the song itself. And I posted it right below for you to watch, how convenient.




Contest Of The Week

This week, I found a cool contest giving you a chance to win a brand new soundtrack cd of Mission Impossible 3 or even way cooler, signed score sheets. Click on the link to enter.

http://www.soundtrack.net/contest/index.html?id=mi3

blog comments powered by Disqus