Saturday, July 29, 2006

The Pipettes: B-Sides & Demos


Apparently, I can't get enough of these three ladies in polka dot dresses. It's been a long time since I found an indie pop girl group that is this enjoyable, and easy on the the ears and eyes, too. You just have to eat up their twee, sugary music with a big spoon. Their new album is magnificient, in that they fullfilled their mission in taking the listeners to a simpler era when you can just pull shapes and dance your groove on. At least, they got me. I started to like the sixties though I wasn't even born back then.
Half an hour of The Pipettes album wasn't enough for me, so I tried to find more stuff. For b-sides and demos, these songs sound pretty good. And like most other Pipettes songs, they're too short to last. Well, more is more, excuse me, feel free to download them while I listen to 'Judy' again. That song is just brilliant.

Download: The Pipettes - Guess Who Ran Away With The Milkman (B-Sides of 'Pull Shapes')
The Pipettes - Magician Man (B-Sides of 'Pull Shapes')
The Pipettes - Really That Bad (Demo)
The Pipettes - Simon Says(Demo)

blog comments powered by Disqus