Thursday, July 27, 2006

What You May Not Know About Zeon's Music Blog

1. When I first started this blog, I decided to come up with an online alter-ego, and this name just went 'poof!' in my head. Zeon. I really like the way it sounds, mystic and out-of-this-world. At that time, I thought this name is the coolest, most original name I ever come up with.
Later, I found out there's already a Latin band named Zeon. They even got their own MySpace page. I also found out that Zeon is also a name of some anime characters. Sh!t. Should have googled it first. I could have come up with something else like 'Zytonspyke' or 'Klurxyte'.

2. I can never quite settle down between brilliantly catchy pop music and innovative, groundbreaking indie music. So I just hear them all. Sometimes I feel really guilty of liking some of top 40 hits. If you notice, you can see that after I post about a major mainstream artist, I usually follow by introducing an indie act. That's the way I try to redeem my musical credibility. Sadly, most of the visitors here always go for the mainstream, my lesser-known favorite artists don't get clicked very often.

3. I don't post about every freaking new song. I don't post about every highly-buzzed indie band. I only post what I'm interested in. So you can be sure that no matter what I posted, I already listened to them all.

4. Sometimes I search for ridiculously silly music. For instance, yesterday I finally got to hear the full version of a song featured in an episode of 'The Simpsons' way back in season 5, the song that both Chief Wiggum and Homer hum along to. The first time I heard it in the show, I was like 'What kind of crap is this? I like it!'. The song is Lesley Gore's 'Sunshine, Lollipops And Rainbows' from 1965. Oh god, the title. The title. And this is from a guy who has the Happy Tree Friends Theme Song in his iPod. Thinking of the song's first few lines always brings me to hysterical laugh.

If you have an unhealthy love for silly, twee, crappy, unintendedly comedic songs, try this one:


Download: Lesley Gore - Sunshine, Lollipops And Rainbows

I'm so creepy.

blog comments powered by Disqus