Friday, September 29, 2006

Emo/Punk: New Good Charlotte Single, New Music Videos From My Chemical Romance

On Wednesday, something unpleasant happened, and like what any kids my age would do, I responded by getting my emo on and scrolling through my iPod, listening to a bunch of emo songs from such bands as Yellowcard, The All-American Rejects, Dashboard Confessional and so on. And I was awestruck by the fact that I've never created an emo playlist before. And lead me to this post.

Good Charlotte - Keep Your Hands Off My Girl
This is quite a departure from their usual sounds. I think Joel's talking to Haylie Duff.
Not really digging this, though. Good Charlotte has only one song in my iPod, and that one is 'The Anthem'.

AFI - Love Like Winter




Another Marc Webb gothfest. Here's how the video goes. Snowfall! So cold and loveless! Shivering! Black cloaked mysterious lady walks aimlessly in a forest. Lead singer Davey follows. She identifies the stalker, drops her hood and blows out her deadly gaze. Davey's drowned in the icy river. Fin. Predictable, typical gothic video. You can download an iPod compatible Quicktime video from the indispensable Shots Ring Out, the coolest music video blog around.

Download AFI - Love Like Winter Music Video (iPod compatible Quicktime 7 format), via Shots Ring Out

My Chemical Romance - The Black Parade




Directed by Samuel Bayer. I haven't watched it yet, but from the initial capture, it should be good.

Download My Chemical Romance - The Black Parade Music Video (iPod compatible Quicktime 7 format), via Shots Ring Out

blog comments powered by Disqus