Monday, September 11, 2006

It's been 5 years...


Since the World Trade Center tragedy. Shock and pain. Unfortunated souls buried alive. Unsung heroes never return. Tears and flames. It all seemed like yesterday.

Today's September 11, again. Because I don't live in the US, I may not know what it's like to be there and witness all the suffering and be overshadowed by disbelief and loss. Let's just take a second or two remembering what happened, and make sure it will never take place again. Terrorism is just not the answer. Rest in peace.

It's hard to pick a song for this day. After searching my library for a while, I finally came up with this song, which I think speaks for itself. Also included is an unofficial version I downloaded a few years ago, in which the song got mixed with cuts of news report and interviews when the tragedy happened. Worth a listen.

Jewel - Hands
Jewel - Hands (WTC Tribute Unofficial Version)

p.s. I did sound a tad too sappy there, didn't I? Well, it's appropriate.

blog comments powered by Disqus