Friday, September 22, 2006

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - 2 Remixes & 1 Cover


Yeah yeah yeah, I so freaking love this band. It's a shame I only got into them after listening to 'Gold Lion', but I quickly caught up with their music. Their music is just awesome, raw art-rock, and Karen O is really kinda cute, in a creepy way. Recently, I've been cranking up 'Maps' mutiple times on my iPod, don't know why but these days I really felt like listening to this song. Here are two fantastic remixes that manage to turn their rock anthems into club-friendly, hip-shaking sizzlers. The Diplo Remix of 'Gold Lion' is a gem, very well done. The Faint Remix of 'Y Control' is also a great upbeat one.
To chime in, I give you their live cover of Sonic Youth's 'Diamond Sea' that they recently recorded for the iTunes Sessions. Ch-ch-check them all out, and show your bones!

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Y Control (Faint Remix)
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Gold Lion (Diplo Remix)
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Diamond Sea (Live)

blog comments powered by Disqus