Monday, October 23, 2006

Fiona Apple - Sally's Song (Soundtrack for Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas)


Disney's always smart at cashing in. Re-releasing a hugely popular movie in a new format, throw in a few new soundtracks recorded by popular artists, and ta-da, they sit there and money rolls in. Other popular pop music blogs have covered on the soundtrack, those sung by Panic! At The Disco, Fall Out Boy, Marilyn Manson, all that emo sh1te (sorry if I offense you). Personally, I felt shame for Fiona Apple having to be listed next to all these names. She obviously stood out. This is a melancholy, exquisite, dramatic, and haunting cover and a perfect fit for the movie. I'd buy the soundtrack for this track alone. Definitely work checking out.

*Update: Link fixed!
How come this is the most popular download and still nobody reported me about the error? Come on, if you want to hear it, and the link got error, you need to tell me, so that I can fix it!
Fiona Apple - Sally's Song

Buy it at Amazon

Oh and come by this weekend for a Halloween mini mix! Should be scarily good.

blog comments powered by Disqus