Sunday, October 01, 2006

KT Tunstall's Covergraphy: The White Stripes, Beck, Radiohead & Missy Elliott



As I promised, here are 4 live covers from Miss Kate 'KT' Tunstall:

KT Tunstall - My Doorbell (The White Stripes Cover)
The best out of the 4. The vibe is similar to that of 'Black Horse & The Cherry Tree', which is a good thing. I can't help but think that this is how The White Stripes would sound like if Meg Ryan fronted the band instead.

KT Tunstall - The Golden Age (Beck Cover)
From her 'Acoustic Extravaganza' cd. It's alright, I guess, nothing jawdropping.

KT Tunstall - Fake Plastic Trees (Radiohead Cover)
She played the piano in this one. The result is kinda lukewarm, of course she cna't outdo the original. Pretty good effort, though. Live from BBC Radio 1's Live Lounge.

KT Tunstall - Get Your Freak On (Missy Elliott Cover)
Yeah, I rolled my eyes when I heard she did this for another Live Lounge show. The thought of KT covering Missy is quite funny. Maybe Missy may hear this and hook her up for a collaboration ('cause Missy really needs something fresh for a new album now). It's tongue-in-cheek, it's fun to listen to, KT's rap flow is not that bad. Love her.

I think it's safe to say that these are all she has covered that is made available. Enjoy the music. It's been a busy day, getting all prolific. Hope you guys like what I posted today. More of Picks Of The Week tomorrow.

blog comments powered by Disqus