Monday, October 02, 2006

New Sufjan Stevens - Majesty Snowbird (Live)!

Fresh Sufjan Stevens music. Seems like Sufjan (funny how I keep mispronouncing it 'Surf-jan', though I know it's correctly 'Soof-yan') is trying to break out of his trademark sound, as this is a long-ass song (almost to the ten-minute mark), with a big orchestra. It sounds very grandeur and epic. I can say that I quite like it, and that means something since 'Chicago' is my only favorite song from him. Though this is recorded live, the quality's surprisingly high. My guess is that he's saving the studio version for his Christmas box set. There's a Youtube video out there but I'll post it later, as the site's experiencing some problems right now. Enjoy the song! Try to stay awake, like I said, ten-minute-long!

Sufjan Stevens - Majesty Snowbird (Live)

blog comments powered by Disqus