Friday, November 03, 2006

Everyone's Bringing Sexy Back...

Sexy Back's getting all the attentions it doesn't deserve. Despite being an overhyped, not-all-that comeback single, it still spent weeks on top of the charts, only to be replaced by 'My Love', and now it seems that every indie hipster have their take on it. Here are a few that I found:


The Changes - Sexy Back (Live on WEEM)
A tongue-in-cheek acoustic cover ditty from The Changes. You can even hear them chuckling during the performance. However, they did it good. Too bad it's only one minute and a half long.


James Eric - Sexy Back (Acoustic Cover)
Honestly, I never heard of this guy before, and don't plan to dig more, but his version is quite something. The same acoustic cover novelty, but it doesn't seem half-hearted. And there are falsettos. There are a plethora more of covers over at his website.


Lil Chris - Sexy Back (Live On Radio 1 Live Lounge)
And then, there's Lil' Chris. I never really get the hype about this kid, but his take on the song for a 'little-known' radio show called Jo Whiley's Live Lounge is anything but serious. I had fun listening to it! The way he altered the lyrics is kinda, well, adorable. Take it to the walrus!


Finally, as a bonus, here's 'My Love' getting the Paul Oakenfold dance remix treatment. Paul Oakenfold. 'Nuff said.
Justin Timberlake - My Love (Paul Oakenfold Remix)

Plans for upcoming posts:

  • New Saturday Is For Soundtrack! This time it's about the music in LOST, an independent tv show that no one watched. Another lame excuse to discuss about Evangeline Lily.
  • Stereogum's post on The Cardigans inspires me to browse the archives, so there's gonna be a big post covering their whole KCRW Sessions back in 2004.
  • I'm trying to put a neat flash music player mp3 at the sidebar like some sassy blogs do, but I have no clue how to do it. The instructions must be in Latvian or something.
  • I'm looking for scholarship to apply for overseas college/universities. Apparently, I'm aiming for Australia/ New Zealand (which requires IELTS, when I only have TOEFL), or possibly Singapore or the UK. I don't know where to start. My major is going to be Communications/ Media. If anyone knows a good one to enroll in, help me out, email me.
  • Oh, and anyone happens to have the 'Dirrtylicious' cover (a mash-up between Dirrty and Bootylicous) Keane did for Radio 1 in desperation to get back into the spotlight? Holler at me! Found it, thanks to Paul @ The Zapping.
  • Is it just me, or Rainy Monday by Shiny Toy Guns would be perfect for closing a dramedy trailer?
  • If you're gonna purchase a new Christmas album for the season, make it Sarah McLachlan's 'Wintersong' and Aimee Mann's 'Another Drifter In The Snow'. They're both excellent releases.

blog comments powered by Disqus