Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Ghostface Killah feat. Amy Winehouse - You Know I'm No Good


I knew she was up to something when this track is evidently more hip-hop-oriented than the rest on her sophomore effort. So a few days ago, the new version, which is a collab with Ghostface Killah, surfaced. Practically, it's just the same brassy, jazzy instrumental with new rap verses. Now I don't know if this is a planned one, or Ghostface Killah decided to weigh in his rhymes after being convinced by the finished track probably through Mark Ronson (since he's also a renowned hip-hop producer). Whatever happened, I think this new version is quite good, and Amy's voice blended naturally and refreshingly with the beats and the rap verses. Now this is an innovative hip-hop collaboration for artistic values.
Personally, I prefer 'You Know I'm No Good' to 'Rehab', and the whole album sounds astonishingly ace after a second listen. This boozy trainwreck woman really is a talent. Well done, indeed. You just secured a place in my top 20 albums of 2006. Now you can celebrate by boozing out in some winehouse...(that was easy)

Ghostface Killah feat. Amy Winehouse - You Know I'm No Good


Buy 'Back To Black'

blog comments powered by Disqus