Sunday, November 19, 2006

Indie 101: Tahiti 80


I blogged about them before, but their third cd 'Fosbury' got its official release finally in the US this week, so I thought it'd be nice to hype them up again and share a couple of great songs.
So Tahiti 80 is an alternative band hailed in Paris who sings in English and they make this kind of upbeat indie, electronic-tinged pop with soul tendencies.
Current single 'Changes' is my fave song off the new album. With lyrics about the rules of life, the song's as upbeat and catchy as they can get. The hip-hop beats go along great with the lead singer's airy vocals, and I absolutely love the nice instrumental break. Just a cool song to tap your toes to. You can read the old post for the video & more information about them.
As a little something extra, here is their faithful cover version of The Turtles' 'Happy Together' included in the Bonus EP of Fosbury. (everytime I heard of that song, I thought of Jennifer Aniston's ass in that Heineken commercial).

Tahiti 80 - Changes
Tahiti 80 - Happy Together (The Turtles Cover)

Click here to buy 'Fosbury'.
Their myspace

blog comments powered by Disqus