Thursday, November 02, 2006

Marit Bergman - My Love (Justin Timberlake Cover)


Marit Bergman is Sweden's very own pop princess, and recently, she acted quick and did a cover of Justin Timberlake's 'My Love'.
So the original is bubbly, synthtastic, high-on-falsetto upbeat pop.
This version, though not strikingly amazing, is still quite lovely.
She switched it to a sugary, tinkling piano ballad. I'd like to believe that this was recorded properly in a studio, not one of those live covers, since the arrangements seemed quite carefully thought-out, and there were back-up singers and all recorded in her friend's living room in an afternoon with no thought out arrangements and only one musician/backing singer (her), according to Marit.
Nicely done, though.
This is just an appetizer. I've got three covers of 'SexyBack' coming tomorrow, along with a Paul Oakenfold remix of 'My Love'. So in the meantime, check this out.

Marit Bergman - My Love

blog comments powered by Disqus