Sunday, November 12, 2006

Psapp - Ev'rybody Wants To Be A Cat!

Anyone has seen this movie, raise your hand! Come on, I won't tell!

No?

When I was a kid, I used to love this film. Used to watch it numerous times, and knew the words to most of the songs. Aristocats in Paris, and street cats that know how to swing and jazz. Who wouldn't love that?

So what does this have to do with Psapp, you may ask?
Well, recently, I've been chilling out to this fine indie British toytronica band's new album 'The Only Thing I Ever Wanted'. So when I was browsing their catalogue on iTunes, it came as a surprise to me to know that they have done a cover of 'Ev'rybody Wants To Be A Cat' for a compilation album called 'Rewind! 5'. You know, the song when Thomas O'Maley let Duchess and the kittens groove with Scat Cat & the gang. (how come I still remember the characacters' names?)
And they did an amazing job. The usual creative percussions, the laidback, soothing vibe, the dreamy cloudwalking vocals. Made the damn song stuck in my head all over again.
Recommended if you love the movie, fine chill-out music, or just being curious.

Psapp - Evr'ybody Wants To Be A Cat


Buy 'Rewind! 5'

Or you can hear/watch the cats sing the song in their mother tongues, French!


Ugh, and I thought I had got over Disney...How this movie never gets a straight-to-dvd sequel remains a mystery.

blog comments powered by Disqus