Sunday, November 12, 2006

Saturday Is For Soundtrack: The Orange County, Talking Pigs & Cliffhanger

This week, I decide to take a break and just inform you on some upcoming soundtrack releases that hold my interest.


Okay, so I can't say I'm a big fan of The OC since I only finished season 1, and I'm not sure if I should catch up when I already know Marissa is six feet under. However, I am a big fan of the show's soundtrack. Obviously, I watch it just to check out new good indie songs (beside Mischa Barton). It has introduced me to so many new great artists. So you know how I feel when I found out there's gonna be a mix 6 called 'Covering Our Tracks', due out Dec 5. The concept is having indie artists covering indie tracks new and old. Check out the kickass tracklist below:

Music from the OC: Mix 6: Covering Our Tracks

Goldspot - "Float On" (Modest Mouse)
Rock Kills Kid - "I Turn My Camera On" (Spoon)
Lady Sovereign - "Pretty Vacant" (Sex Pistols)
Mates of State - "California" (Phantom Planet)
Pinback - "Wasted" (Black Flag)
John Paul White - "Can't Get It out of My Head" (ELO)
Rogue Wave - "Debaser" (Pixies)
Syd Matters - "Hello Sunshine" (Super Furry Animals)
Tally Hall - "Smile Like You Mean It" (The Killers)
The M's - "Come Into Our Room" (Clinic)
Band of Horses - "The End's Not Near" (The New Year)
Chris Holmes - "Into Dust" (Mazzy Star)


Simply, this show can do no wrong when it comes to delivering great music.


Awwwww.
Sarah McLachlan has written a new track for the movie 'Charlotte's Web' called 'Ordinary Miracle', which you can listen to a sneak peek if you click here . Based on the 30 seconds, the song sounds pretty good. Don't even front about it, you know you'll walk into the theaters for this family flick this Christmas.

It's scary when you realize that Dakota Fanning's like the hardest-working actress in the industry right now!

To end this round of news,

F.U. J.J. Abrams! A cliffhanger like that and you leave us pondering til February next year? You son of a b1tch! Aarghh!

blog comments powered by Disqus