Monday, January 08, 2007

2007: Upcoming Indie Releases

These are the US release dates for upcoming indie records in 2007. What you can see here is a great number of comebacks from some influential artists/bands that have shaken up the music blogosphere about 2-3 years ago, most of which will be released in the first quarter of 2007, and already are doing their rounds in the hype machine (Arcade Fire, Modest Mouse, Bloc Party, Of Montreal...). Here I only pick out the ones I'm interested in, not that I will check them all out (I wish I had that kind of free time), but what's most likely to happen is that I'll probably grab the first single and a few key tracks, then see if I'd like to proceed with the whole album etc.

I post this in order to keep track of what's to be looked out for, and I think it can be useful for you music geeks, too.
So here you go, note that the release dates are subject to change.


01/23/07 The Bird And The Bee - The Bird And The Bee (Blue Note)
01/23/07 Deerhoof - Friend Opportunity (5RC)
01/23/07 Field Music - Tones of Town (Memphis Industries)
01/23/07 Mum - The Peel Session (FatCat)
01/23/07 Of Montreal - Hissing Fauna, Are You The Destroyer (Polyvinyl)
01/23/07 The Shins - Wincing The Night Away (Sub Pop)
01/30/07 Clap Your Hands Say Yeah - Some Loud Thunder (Self-Released)
01/30/07 Lily Allen - Alright Still (Capitol - US Release)
02/06/07 Apostle Of Hustle - National Anthem Of Nowhere (Arts & Crafts)
02/06/07 Apples in Stereo - New Magetic Wonder (Simian/Yep Roc)
02/06/07 Bloc Party - A Weekend In The City (Vice)
02/06/07 Loney, Dear - Loney, Noir (Sub Pop)
02/06/07 Peter Bjorn and John - Writer's Block (Almost Gold - US Release)
02/13/07 Soft Lightes - Say No To Being Cool, Say Yes To Being Happy (Modular)
02/20/07 Explosions In The Sky - All Of A Sudden I Miss Everyone (Temporary Residence LTD)
03/06/07 Air - Pocket Symphony (Astralwerks)
03/06/07 RJD2 - The Third Hand (XL)
03/20/07 Andrew Bird - Armchair Apocrypha (Fat Possum)
03/20/07 I'm From Barcelona - Let Me Introduce My Friends (Mute - US Release)
03/20/07 LCD Soundsystem - Sound of Silver (DFA/Capitol)
03/20/07 Ted Leo and the Pharmacists - Living with the Living (Touch and Go)
04/10/07 Bright Eyes - Cassadaga (Saddle Creek)



Rolling eyes...that's really a lot!
Read the full list here.


*Sidenote:
-The 2007 Bloggies Awards are open for nominations til Jan 10. Of course, I just inform you so that you can go over there and nominate your favorite blogs, (I wouldn't even dare to dream of being in the finalists), but if you happen to slip my blog in, then I'd be flattered. :-)
-On Wednesday, I've got an important contest to enter. So til then there should be no posts. Wish me luck, guys! I'll need a lot of that.

blog comments powered by Disqus