Sunday, February 25, 2007

The Bamboo Lounge: Girls & Guitars

One of the main progressions in my music taste last year was when changes started to occur in my life, and more than once I found myself lying wide awake in the middle of the night, staring at the ceiling, lost in the state I was in. As I told myself that I must have the right kind of music for these moments, along the way I discovered so many great music from a genre I had usually overlooked before. And now every day, some soothing, chillout, cozy, downtempo music can always my cup of hot coffee. Could be electronic, could be trip-hop, could be ambient, could be folk. All the categorization, it doesn't matter. What matters is that these tracks soothe your ears, calm your body, and ease your mind after a tiresome long day.

So that's how I've got the idea to launch this new feature. I'd like to call it The Bamboo Lounge (sounds silly, I know). Each mini mix will consist of five songs. So next time if you need some comfort music to make you feel alright, look no further. Take a seat in The Bamboo Lounge...


For the first ever mix, the theme is Girls & Guitars. It's quite self-explanatory itself, so I'm just gonna leave you with the music. Hope you'll enjoy this new feature.


1.Saint Etienne - Side Streets (from Tales From The Turnpike House)
2.Feist - Gatekeeper (One Room One Hour Remix) (from Open Season)
3.Emiliana Torrini - Sunny Road (from Fisherman's Woman)
4.Holly Brook - Saturdays (from Like Blood Like Honey)
5.Skye - Solitary (from Mind How You Go)


Whatchathinkboutit? Leave a comment, feedback is welcome.

blog comments powered by Disqus