Friday, February 16, 2007

The Comeback: Avril Lavigne



"I know I'm probably the last blogger on Earth to comment about this, but I just notice this lying in the draft and can't help but post it for the sake of it"

Considered how Avril's now a married woman, we can see her going through a lot of changes lately. She learnt to curl her hair. She wore gowns to the red carpet. She even lent her voice to an animated character. Needless to say how thrilled I am to find out what new, pioneering directions she's taking her music to. She must sound, like, so mature now. So before I got the first listen to her comeback single 'Girlfriend', I thought to myself: 'Wow, this must be her profound musings on the joy of being someone's girlfriend or so'. Guess what, musically, she's really changed! Take a look at a few facts from my observation which I list below:

  • She starts the track with 'Hey hey you you!'
  • She claims herself a 'motherfvcking princess'
  • She sings about stealing someone's boyfriend.
  • An 8-year-old can easily understand all the lyrics.
  • The most sophisticated expression she used: 'No way!'

So yeah, she's changed. A lot.

Here are a few more facts about the song:

  • Hand claps.
  • It being quite cheerleading-ready.
  • Annoyingly catchy.
  • Pure punk pop.

Make that what you will.

Preview the song. 'The Best Damn Thing' drops in April.

blog comments powered by Disqus