Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentine's Day Mix


Happy Valentine's Day!
Hope you and your significant other's been enjoying the day cozy in each other's arms. Sweet kisses, chocolate, roses and all that. Every day could be Valentine's Day, though, if you want it to.

I'm feeling a little under the weather today, anyhow I managed to browse through my library and pick out these ten lovely love songs. It's a mixed bag as usual, some Swedish pop, some covers, some relatively new, and a really nice acoustic version of 'Lovefool'. I try not to let in any depressing, heartbreaking songs (if I did, it'd be so depressing it'd ruin your day). I know they're not the best choices, but I think they stick together quite well. Enjoy!



Peter Bjorn And John - Young Folks
Belle & Sebastian - Funny Little Frog
The Cardigans - Lovefool (Puck Version)
Keri Noble - Talk To Me
Jem - Maybe I'm Amazed (Paul McCartney cover)
Acid House Kings - Say Yes If You Love Me
Jason Lytle - All You Need Is Love (the Beatles cover)
Mika - Love Today
The Album Leaf - Always For You
Lighthouse Family - Run




Sidenote:
The 10th Anniversary Edition of Baz Luhrmann's 'Romeo + Juliet' soundtrack just drops in stores recently with 5 new bonus tracks. I have always wanted to see the movie as it came out at a time when I was still a kid, and actually I have caught it on cable tv for a few times now, but didn't have time to sit down and watch it in whole. Well, I should, someday. You know, it was because of being featured in this soundtrack that The Cardigans skyrocketed to the mainstream in the US (and then forever being mislabeled as a 'one hit wonder'). There are also plenty of other good tracks worth checking out from Garbage, Radiohead etc. Could be a nice, hip gift, no? You can visit its MySpace page to stream some tracks.

And I notice that all my files hosted on SnapDrive has all evaporated for no reason at all. Sorry, but this time around I can't reupload them again. Please bear with me.

blog comments powered by Disqus