Sunday, March 11, 2007

Awesomely Remixed


Another round of great new remixes I listened to lately. This wouldn't have been possible if not for the great music blogs I frequently visited, so props to them.

Amy Winehouse - Rehab (Eagle Desert Remix)
This new remix is hot! I imagine I would sound great blasting out of a car stereo. And Universal gives it away for free. So all's good.

Robyn - Konichiwa Bitches (Trentemoller Remix)
At last, a dance remix to such a fun song! It's nothing to special, but you see trendy remixer Trentemoller's name on it, so if you like his work, don't miss this one.

The Killers - Read My Mind (Pet Shop Boys Stars Are Blazing Mix)
Wow, good job. It runs for 7 minutes but feels like a 3 minutes. Maybe Pet Shop Boys should produce The Killers' next album, no?

Beyoncé - Imprescindible (Rudy Perez Nortena Remix)
Okay, another remix for 'Irreplaceable', but this time around it's the most interesting so far, with a Caribbean, ska-lite flavor, and the vocals are the Spanish version. Save it for the summer. It's supposed to be included in the 'Deluxe Version' of B'day.

Stefski - Say It Again (courtesy of Pitchfork)
A pretty odd, electro synth-heavy remix of Nelly Furtado's megahit 'Say It Right' by Swedish DJ Stefski. It's got renamed to 'Say It Again'.

Fall Out Boy - This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arms Race (Kanye West Remix)
I didn't expect this to turn out great. But it did. Kanye lent the boys a pumping beat and a coll rapping verse, beginning with 'I don't know what the hell this song's about'. Well, me too, but that doesn't stop me from enjoying it. So nowadays even Kanye & Jay Z consider emo cool. Such a time we're living in.

---
And now, the more left-field ones for the indie hipsters:

The Postmarks - Goodbye (James Iha Remix)
Their self-titled debut is an early contender for my 2007 favorites. The Postmarks makes delightful female-vocal dreampop, and this remix for the single added a nice upbeat electronic touch to an already beautiful song. I'll get back to them at another time.

My Brightest Diamond - Golden Star (Alias Remix)
My Brightest Diamond's music seems a little distant to me, but maybe what I need is a good remix like this one. Trip-hoppy with blips and bleeps. From her new remix album 'Tear It Down'.

Junior Boys - In The Morning (Hot Chip Remix)

From their new EP Dead Horse. It's more like a cover actually with added vocals from Hot Chip. If you're fan of Hot Chip and/or Junior Boys, this is a must-hear, but if you don't know much about them, think it through before clicking the mouse. It's almost 10 minutes.

blog comments powered by Disqus