Saturday, March 03, 2007

Swedish Indie Pop!: Pelle Carlberg - I Love You You Imbecile


The man in the pic above is Pelle Carlberg, ex-lead singer of Swedish band Edson. He has had some solo albums, and the latest one, called 'In A Nutshell', will be released in March 28 in Sweden by fine label Labrador. The lead single, 'I Love You You Imbecile' is a duet with Norwegian singer Ida Maria.

I instantly love this song the first time I heard it, even though at the time I got this in the inbox, I had never heard of him before. The song's just so sunny and cuddly it made me want to go all doe-eyed and tap my feet a little bit. It's a straight-up, upbeat, catchy indie pop song which makes use of this kind of boy/girl conversation thing, exchanging infatuating exclamations about each other that 'makes me look over the stupid things you do' in such an adorable way. It certainly makes me feel good, sorta makes me want to take off my shoes and step on the grass in a park, basking myself in the sun.

If you like Swedish indie pop, it's likely you'll fall for this one. Check it out.
I'm eager to check on his previous albums, and of course, reserves a place for the new cd.


Pelle Carlberg - I Love You You Imbecile


His official site
His MySpace

I will blog more about Labrador's other artists when I have a chance to.

blog comments powered by Disqus