Saturday, April 21, 2007

Arctic Monkeys Covering The Strokes and (wait for it) Amy Winehouse


Yes. You read that right. The Arctic Monkeys covered Amy Winehouse's 'You Know I'm No Good' recently, along with The Strokes' 'Take It Or Leave It' for BBC Radio 1's Live Lounge with Jo Whiley (like you didn't see that coming). Not much to say about The Strokes' one (which just proved no matter who sings it, a Strokes song is still a Strokes song). But the Amy's one, in the wake of Bloc Party's recent similar approach to reworking a pop song, well, I don't believe I'm saying this but they actually did it good. I do like it. Maybe it's because the song is so good itself that no matter who sings it, it can't be ruined.
I was never an Arctic fan myself, and until now I feel no rush of checking out their new album 'Favorite Worst Nightmare'. But maybe, when all the hype is over, I might come to examine it and decide whether it's worth my time or not by myself, completely unaffected by the buzz surrounding.

Anyway, here you go. Here's what you come for.

Arctic Monkeys - You Know I'm No Good (Amy Winehouse Cover) [alternate link]
Arctic Monkeys - Take It Or Leave It (The Strokes Cover) [alternate link]

Arctic's MySpace

I'm taking my term exams next week. Wish me luck! When it's all over, I promise I will get around to posting something more original and undiscovered rather than just attention-grabbing.

blog comments powered by Disqus