Friday, April 06, 2007

Awesomely Remixed: Feist, Beck & Beyoncé



A new round of banging remixes coming atcha.

FEIST:

Feist - My Moon My Man (Boys Noize Remix)

First up, here's a cool Boys Noize Remix of Feist's awesome new single 'My Moon, My Man'. It's the first dancefloor-friendly remix of her, though it can do without the slightly cheesy computerized voice repeating the vocals. Good news is Feist recently wrapped up the video shoots for both '1 2 3 4' and 'My Moon My Man'. The latter was directed by Patrick Daughters (the man behind the Mushaboom video), shot at an airport and involved choreography with dancers in flight attendant uniforms! Sounds like her most interesting video yet!

---

BECK:

The Deluxe Edition of Beck's 'The Information' contains some really interesting bonus remixes. He's got all the cool people, blogger-favorites like Ellen Allien, TV On The Radio...to reconstruct his songs. Here I choose two that grab my attention most.

Beck - Cellphone's Dead (Ellen Allien Remix)
Beck - Nausea (Pirate's Bumblebeez Remix)

---

BEYONCÉ/FREEMASONS:

Beyoncé + Freemasons = dancefloor heaven. That is inevitable. They have collaborated for 3 times now, and all of which results in storming, funky, groovy club anthems that can hit the 8 minute mark and still you can't get enough of it. The best one out of the three is the Deja Vu remix, which is so ace that even the Grammy had to take note and get it nominated for best remix. The other two followed like a trilogy. For a genre that I rarely had interest in, Freemasons really did it good.


Beyoncé - Deja Vu (Freemasons Club Mix)
Beyoncé - Ring The Alarm (Freemasons Club Mix)
Beyoncé and Shakira - Beautiful Liar(Freemasons Radio Vox) (3-minute radio edit)

blog comments powered by Disqus