Thursday, May 10, 2007

As The Sky Clears Up...


I think I might have an obsession with rain.
I'm one of those people who would have a stack of cds under the label 'Rainy day records'. (actually, no. I live in modern times, I have a huge playlist instead)
So it's been raining cats and dogs all week long, and I've been taking advantage of that excuse to listen to my fave rainy-day records again. However, this mini-mix will not include any of that serene music.
Because it's an 'After The Rain' mix.
When the sky clears up as the rainclouds roll out, when the raindrops are still on your window pane and the chilly weather hasn't gone yet. When you feel refreshed, and all ready for a night out with friends.
Well, hopefully, this little uptempo mix can capture that mood. It worked on me, you know.

The Cardigans - Rise And Shine
Rainy days are perfect for some Cardigans pre-Gran-Turismo.

Paul Oakenfold - Southern Sun (Original Mix)
Trance's not my cup of tea but this is 1)melodious and 2)filled with sweet female vocals so it's good in my book.

Lemon Jelly - Nice Weather For Ducks
This one's needed for a walk in the park.

Saint Etienne - Stars Above Us
'Stars above us, cars below us'. That part of the lyrics sums up perfectly the right moment to listen to this song. Groovy.

blog comments powered by Disqus