Sunday, June 10, 2007

Say hello to Rosie Thomas...



Rosie Thomas' fourth album 'These Friends Of Mine' came out late last year, but I didn't exactly pay attention to it, that is until I heard a little song called 'Say Hello'.
Lasting only more than 2 minutes, but the song packs this utter wide-eyed adorableness. Rosie's soft, hushed vocals on top of little more than some acoustic guitar plucks. Then Sufjan Stevens sang back to her, before the two harmonized in the key line : 'Say hello oh oh oh oh'. It's pretty coffee-house ear candy, nothing earth-shattering, and is enjoyable for what it is.
Another song of her, 'It Don't Matter To The Sun', from the previous 2005 album, was actually one of the few songs I heard on that one and only time I tried to tune in to Grey's Anatomy. I kept telling myself 'There will be good songs! And that chick from Roswell!' but I changed the channel after about 20 minutes. Medical drama is just never my thing. But I did indeed find out who sang what later on.
I figured her music would make a lot of sense especially when you're on a night bus back home and it just stops raining outside. You plug your earbuds in, play one of her songs, and just smile to yourself, as you look out the window. It's just a good setting you might find yourself encountering.
Now I haven't had the chance to listen to the whole album, but I'm quite sure if you like this couple of songs, chances are you gonna love the rest. And it won't be too much sugar to handle as it's only 33 minutes long.

Rosie Thomas feat. Sufjan Stevens - Say Hello (from These Friends Of Mine, 2006)
Rosie Thomas - It Don't Matter To The Sun (from If Songs Could Be Held, 2005)



Buy These Friends Of Mine
Visit her MySpace

blog comments powered by Disqus