Thursday, July 19, 2007

And it hurts with every heartbeat...



Apparently, it took me about six months to be fully absorbed in the brilliance of this song. Around the time of my first listen, I did not know much about Robyn and 'Konichiwa Bitches' was my only favorite song from her then. To be honest, I was a bit unpatient with the song, quickly deemed it as 'overrated' and moved on. A few months later, as I was strolling down my iTunes library looking for forgotten tracks, this came up. This time, I finally felt the connection, from the lyrics, her vulnerable vocals to the synths swimming under. I guess it's just one of those songs that require you to be in a particular mood to fully enjoy it.
Well, maybe I'm not the only one arriving late to the party. To be released as Robyn's second UK single off her self-titled album, the song lately has been picking up airplay since it was 'Record of the Week' on BBC's Radio 1. And judging by the number of mostly positive comments for the video on YouTube, I think she's just one commercial deal away from a belated, glorified mainstream comeback. I assume most of you have played the original version to death already, so I will just give you three quite awesome remixes. My favorite one out of the bunch is the Tong & Spoon one, which is perfect for summertime, but the other two is just as good.

Kleerup & Robyn - With Every Heartbeat (Tong & Spoon Wonderland Remix)
Kleerup & Robyn - With Every Heartbeat (Meat Boys Remix)
Kleerup & Robyn - With Every Heartbeat (Rory Phillips Remix)

And here's the video for the song, for those who wants to listen to the original version:



Still one thing that makes wonder though, it's clear that this is a collaboration of Robyn and producer Andreas Kleerup, but I'm not sure how it should be called, 'Kleerup feat. Robyn', 'Robyn with Kleerup', or 'Kleerup & Robyn'?

Kleerup's MySpace
Robyn's MySpace

blog comments powered by Disqus