Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Covered: Seven Nation Army



I haven't listened to "Icky Thump" in its entirety. Still, if the two lead singles are anything to imply, it's likely to be another solid album from them. My only small complaint is their recent Malloys-directed videos which are more mainstream and conventional. (though I do know 3 minutes of Michel Gondry costs a fortune these days)
Anyway, 'Seven Nation Army' remains a fave White Stripes song for other artists to cover. Here I posted all the ones that I have known and listened to, so if I'm missing something, let me know. The ones standing out from the six are Vivek Shraya's electro take and Nostalgia 77's imaginative jazz remake.

Nostalgia 77
Damien Rice & Lisa Hannigan (Live)
Charlotte Church & The Brand New Heavies (Live)
Hard-Fi (Live)
Drap En Hund
Vivek Shraya

blog comments powered by Disqus