Friday, August 24, 2007

Mark Ronson Redoes Golden Skans



How come I didn't know about this? I'm not sure where it came from, but there's a good chance he did it for BBC Radio 1 Live Lounge. He teamed up with Daniel Merriweather to reimagine Klaxons' hit 'Golden Skans', with his usual signature touches, like, of course, horns. I did prefer his version to Kaiser Chiefs' one, though. With decent production value, this could as well be a nice bonus track or b-side. Plus it inspired me to revisit some old covers and I might even post a few for the weekend.
Speaking of Daniel Merriweather, the shitty international version for 'Stop Me' video (the 'tears' one) slightly ruined the song for me. Before, I pictured Daniel as this senile, black soul singer (note to self: narrow-minded), but after viewing the video, I didn't know how to feel because it's good to see that he is not what I thought he was, but on the other side, his onscreen presence made he look so corny, like a boyband reject from the late '90s. I wish he had just remained faceless to me.
Anyway, it seems that good things are lining up for both of them. Mark is MTV US's 'Discover & Download' for this month, and Daniel's already set to perform at the VMAs in September.
And here I give you the funked-up version of 'Golden Skans':

Mark Ronson feat. Daniel Merriweather - Golden Skans (Klaxons Cover)




For more info about Mark Ronson, you can click on the banner below, which will take you to his official website.
Mark Ronson - MTVs Discover + Download Artist of the Month

blog comments powered by Disqus