Sunday, July 06, 2008

Live Lounge Covers: The Last Shadow Puppets/Dizzee Rascal/Kooks

Hope my fellow readers from the United States of America is having a fantastic holiday weekend. Here's a little something for the covercentrics, 3 latest covers from BBC Radio 1's Live Lounge show.

Dizzee Rascal & Calvin Harris - That's Not My Name (The Ting Tings Cover) [alt. link]

The Last Shadow Puppets - S.O.S. (Rihanna Cover)

The Kooks - Violet Hill (Coldplay Cover)



Interesting covers from Live Lounge are quite far and few between these days. Somehow it seems to become a place for NME-type bands to do ironic covers of hit pop songs. Few get it right, though. But of course I still got to keep my eyes and ears open. My fave is the Dizzee Rascal one, which is actually great fun and makes me chuckle a bit. Enjoy.

blog comments powered by Disqus