Thursday, July 03, 2008

Rediscovered: Broadcast - Come On Let's Go


Now I've heard me some Broadcast, but none was from their early output, so I had no idea they actually had some real songs. Like, song-based songs. I bumped into this track, 'Come On Let's Go', from their 2000 album 'The Noise Made By People', and man, was I dumbfounded. It was such a beauty. The sly spy film vibe, the dreamlike melodies, and most of all, Trish Keenan's voice, which bears close resemblance to Helen Marnie's of Ladytron in that ice-queen, deadpan, unaffected vocal delivery. How come a song released 8 years ago still sound this fresh? I really feel like giving this album a go, who knows, maybe there are other gems like this waiting to be unearthed. If there's one thing I'll never get tired of, it's frosty pop. Fans of Goldfrapp or Stereolab ought to dig this, if you haven't already.


Broadcast - Come On Let's Go

blog comments powered by Disqus