Monday, October 05, 2009

Dead Man's Bones


Guess who's the next actor to go for the mic? Ryan Gosling. I know, never crossed my mind either. "Dead Man's Bones" is the musical project of him & Zach Shields, with a record coming out soon on Anti. At first, I listened to their track called 'My Body's A Zombie For You' out of curiosity only (with a title like that, who wouldn't?).
But it turned out to be a strange, strange delight. It's all novelty, but creepily catchy. There's not much to say about his singing, but man, the children choir killed on this one (no pun intended). Children choir is like the new handclaps. If I were walking around campus with this track on my iPod, I would have to resist the urge to raise my fists to the sky and shout along: "My body's a zombie for yoooooooooouuuu!", as that would be the equivalent of committing social suicide, I think. Well, with the current vampire craze, I guess the zombies can cash in, too.


Dead Man's Bones - My Body's A Zombie For You


I haven't heard anything else by them yet (how insightful of me), but I'm liking this trend of actors-turned-singers opting for the indie route, as they actually make listenable music. I love She & Him, and that Scarlett Johansson & Pete Yorn song 'Relator' is not bad at all. I could get used to this.

blog comments powered by Disqus