Tuesday, March 09, 2010

10 Amazing Things About She & Him's New Video "In The Sun"



These are those.

  • Synchronized dancing overload!
  • Zooey's impossibly pretty hair! And the wink at 2:18! Ain't she puuurdy!
  • The giddy Asian dancing bro!
  • Sunglass-wearing M. Ward looking a bit like Robert Downey Jr! He's just too cool for school! *sorry*
  • Hula hoops!!!
  • Polka-dots!!!
  • Badass fake guitar playing there, Mr. Him. 
  • The little walk off Zooey does at the end.
  • It was directed by Bring It On director, who worked previously with Zooey on Yes Man. 
  • The whole affair was basically a hip, "indie" version of Glee.

And here I thought she couldn't be any more adorable. I have watched the video more than 4 times today already, I might as well create a "I Hate Ben Gibbard" Facebook group.



I know some might have issues with her cutesy-indie-chick-in-vintage-dresses schtick considering she's a grown-ass 30-year-old woman, but not me at all! In fact, the video took an already great song to a new level. It almost feels like a follow-up to that music video she did with Joseph Gordon-Levitt for "500 Days Of Summer". It's so awesome that it dragged me out of blogging retirement just to rave about it! From the 3 songs off "Volume Two" so far, I predict this record will be just as strong and catchy as the first. The b-side to "In The Sun", "I Can Hear Music" is a gorgeous Ronettes cover that needs to be heard. It seems Zooey is seriously commited to this musical liaison. I loved the first album, so here's hoping these two can keep up the pace of one new volume every year, because I will always have a place for more sunny, simple melodies.


MP3: She & Him - In The Sun


"Volume Two" comes out on March 23 on Merge. Pre-order here.

blog comments powered by Disqus