These are those.
- Synchronized dancing overload!
- Zooey's impossibly pretty hair! And the wink at 2:18! Ain't she puuurdy!
- The giddy Asian dancing bro!
- Sunglass-wearing M. Ward looking a bit like Robert Downey Jr! He's just too cool for school! *sorry*
- Hula hoops!!!
- Badass fake guitar playing there, Mr. Him.
- The little walk off Zooey does at the end.
- It was directed by Bring It On director, who worked previously with Zooey on Yes Man.
- The whole affair was basically a hip, "indie" version of Glee.
And here I thought she couldn't be any more adorable. I have watched the video more than 4 times today already, I might as well create a "I Hate Ben Gibbard" Facebook group.
I know some might have issues with her cutesy-indie-chick-in-vintage-dresses schtick considering she's a grown-ass 30-year-old woman, but not me at all! In fact, the video took an already great song to a new level. It almost feels like a follow-up to that music video she did with Joseph Gordon-Levitt for "500 Days Of Summer". It's so awesome that it dragged me out of blogging retirement just to rave about it! From the 3 songs off "Volume Two" so far, I predict this record will be just as strong and catchy as the first. The b-side to "In The Sun", "I Can Hear Music" is a gorgeous Ronettes cover that needs to be heard. It seems Zooey is seriously commited to this musical liaison. I loved the first album, so here's hoping these two can keep up the pace of one new volume every year, because I will always have a place for more sunny, simple melodies.
MP3: She & Him - In The Sun
"Volume Two" comes out on March 23 on Merge. Pre-order here.