Sunday, April 11, 2010

Music For A Spring Night


Picking where the last post left off... Sun is down. Here are 5 more songs for springtime in the winding down hours. I tried to evoke a calmer, more relaxing atmosphere with this one. Not overtly chirpy, but not too depressing either. Hope you all are having a great Sunday evening.




Joanna Newsom - On A Good Day
(Have One On Me, 2010)
I still haven't worked my way through the entire set, but what I can tell you is that the shortest track on the record is beautiful indeed.
Au Revoir Simone - Another Likely Story
(Still Night, Still Light, 2009)
Everything these three ladies makes is just lovely.
Daniel Martin Moore - It's You
(Stray Age, 2008)
Josh Rouse - Quiet Town
(Substitulo, 2006)
Sweet acoustic folk sounds from two "sensitive troubadours".
The Go Find - Everybody Knows It's Gonna Happen Only Not Tonight
(Everybody Knows It's Gonna Happen Only Not Tonight, 2010)
This track is definitely made for driving. Complete with nostalgia-induced lyrics: "Oh, let me take you back to the '90s, when we were teens." Though I wasn't a teen in the '90s, the song made me want to pretend to.

blog comments powered by Disqus